Tuesday, June 23, 2009

reasons for late nights

I don’t know what it is about late nights, but I find it’s the only time of day where I can freely write about anything and everything. Maybe my brain is shutting down slowly and my defenses are down, therefore, leaving me to freely express whatever I have been pondering over the past 24 hours. I have been told numerous times that I think too much, which could explain my insomniac nights. I may think too much that at the end of day my brain just can not hold it in anymore and needs to let some of it out before I drive myself insane. It may be that I have always been a night person but then again I like the sun, so that can not be it. It may be that it’s those late nights when everyone else is asleep and I actually have time to myself that I can write. Usually I am listening to some good music and drinking some beverage, which usually it’s water..even though it makes me pee every ten freaking minutes. Whatever the case may be, it’s late at night that I find myself scribbling in my journal about the events of the day with my own commentary on the side. It’s in these late nights that I also find myself facing some hard questions in life and writing out all of these questions with a question mark at the end. These late nights that I write I have a chance to really explore who I truly am. I am able to learn the hard lessons that I need to accept. I am able to praise my savior for all the mighty things he has done in my life. I am able to express my concern and care for humanity. I am able to humor myself with some wise cracks I think throughout the day. In these late nights I explore the person that I am and embrace the changes in my life. I sometimes find myself opening my Bible to a Scripture or two. I write out a prayer for my hard issue or a loved one that needs hope or encouragement. In these late night writings, I vent out all the frustrations of my undergraduate life and now my new graduate life. They are real and personal. I seek my God out. I find meaning and purpose. I discover love and hope. I experience compassion and mercy. I express concern and gratitude. I embrace failure and success.

So tonight…I write. I write about everything and anything…because I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment