Saturday, May 8, 2010

I Eat Baby Carrots Instead


(Note: This is a second post on little insights into my life. Also they are in no particular order.)

1) I prefer to be called Lima. Even though I have a pretty cool first name, Melissa, being called Lima brings another sense of identity. It may have to do with the fact that Lima is the capital of Peru, and I like it when people think I’m from Peru. Then they get confused of where I am from and then I look mysterious to them. (Side note: some people actually do call me Peru for that reason…which is also one of my favorite nicknames) “Lima” is shorter and it sounds cooler. It sounds triple cool when a two year old says it.

2) Just to clarify, when I say “I miss Texas”, it’s more of I miss the people that are currently located in Texas. The state itself does have some unique and beautiful things about it, but it’s not the “greatest nation” in the world. Officially, I am from Texas since I have been “living” there for four years. Yet when people ask me where I am from…I have no idea what to say, but that’s a different story. I miss my people down in Texas. Although, the Mexican food down there is not as bad. Oh yeah, and I have blood family down there. That would do it for me.

3) Pet peeve: When people chew with their mouth open and talk with food in their mouth. Close your mouth when you eat. It’s gross…I don’t want to see it. Ew.

4) I’m addicted to coffee. Enough said.

5) I watch too much TV and movies. Society also puts a damper on how bad it is for watching TV and movies in mass quantities. It’s not like I sit all day on the couch with a bag of potatoes chips and watch reruns of “Everybody Loves Raymond”…I eat baby carrots instead. I will admit that I like to watch the wittiness of Juno and listen to the melodies of Grease.

6) I get this high satisfaction feeling when I find a new favorite song. I will listen to that song over and over again until I can sing it in my sleep. I would like to take this time to thank Starbucks and itunes for providing free “discovery” music.

7) I hate wearing wet clothes. They stick to your body. Then they get damp and it gets more uncomfortable. I feel like I can’t touch anything. I don’t want to sit anywhere. I just feel stuck.

8) I think in both English and Spanish. I also dream in both languages. Side note: if I am yelling at you in Spanish that means that I’m too upset to translate it in English.

9) I love books and art.

10) I do not like living alone. It’s creepy. It’s boring. It’s lame.

Me trying to be artisty at a museum in Dallas, TX.

No comments:

Post a Comment