Wednesday, July 8, 2009

one headphone

Today while I was at Wal-Mart picking up some essentials for my Costa Rica trip tomorrow, I noticed a girl with one ipod headphone in her ear. Just one. Not both of the headphones, just one. “huh…” I thought to myself and continued on my way. I was looking at greeting cards and another girl, completely different race and size, came up next to me with one headphone on. “huh…weird.” I thought to myself again. Then I decided to buy some packaging tape and while I was walking up the aisle there was another girl…with one headphone in her ear. “what the crap?” I thought. I don’t understand the point of having just one headphone on. There are songs that uses both headphones to enhance the joy of the song. Why do you want to have one headphone on and get half the experience where you can have both headphones on and enjoy the beautiful sounds flowing from a square electronic device? Plus, why in Wal-Mart? Is Wal-Mart that lame and boring that you need some entertainment to pick out what kind of shampoo to use or what birthday card is the funniest? I just don’t understand. Also why three girls? Even though they were three completely different girls, there were very similar. They all wore: shorts too short, a tank top way too tight, flip-flops, way too much makeup, and a look on their faces like they ruled the world with their attitude and looks. I just thought it was quite comical that I saw three girls with one headphone on, walking around Wal-mart with a bored look on their faces.



No comments:

Post a Comment