Monday, July 20, 2009

Divine Romance

This weekend I had the privilege of being part of a beautiful celebration of love. As mushy as that sounds, it’s the best description I can give of my roommate’s wedding. Christa has been my roommate for all four years of college. I remember first meeting her and thinking how we were never going to get along. She was this quiet, little, white girl and I was this loud, crazy, Hispanic person. Four years later I found myself wearing a bridesmaid dress at her wedding. God did truly bless me with her friendship and had it planned the whole time. I could write all night about how unique our relationship is, but tonight I want to mention Aaron. I like to call him by his last name, Sherman. It just sounds cooler.
Sherman is one of those guys that I truly have respect for and look up to. Over the past years of being with Christa, he has provided an example of what a gentleman should be like. He is the model of how a man should pursue a girl. He treated Christa like she was more precious than diamonds. He continues to amaze me with his creatively and uniqueness of how he displays his love for Christa.


I cannot count the times I would see Christa’s face light up every time she sees Sherman.

He is an answer to many prayers. God had it planned all along.

He reminds me of what I need to pray for in my future spouse. He reminds me of what commitment is. He reminds me of what pure and true love looks like. He reminds me of what it means to be pursued. He reminds me to always put Christ first.

I’m so thankful and glad that Christa’s new roommate is Sherman…even if he is a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment