Monday, September 28, 2009

The case of the Mondays

Mondays. I never had such a hard time with Mondays. I was always ready to face on the week when Monday comes around. But today was different. Today was Monday. This specific Monday I learned many things about myself that scared me in the end.


It all starts with attitude. I woke up in a bad mood. Why? I don't know. Apparently when I woke up in the morning I decided to be in bad mood. Well, that was a stupid idea. I walked into work with a bad mood. I went to a meeting in a bad mood. I walked into chapel with a bad mood. That is when I realized I was in a bad mood.


It's amazing how powerful worship is even when you feel like you want to tear the world apart with your hands.


My bad mood was a result of my response to all the little things that were mounting up in my life. I was becoming overwhelmed. I had no control of what was going on. I felt inadequate. I didn't want to be pushed anymore. I was tired of being challenged. I wanted to give up and run away to a far away place where unicorns and rainbows exist.


I listened to the words of worship. The Holy Spirit was moving. God is so good. He will speak to you when you need it even though you don't want to hear it. I found myself singing my heart out to my Savior. I prayed and worshipped. I felt like that was the only thing that I could have done. I felt that I had no control of anything else that was happening around me. I did what I knew what to do...I worshipped. He answered. It was beautiful.


God continued to be faithful for the rest of the Monday. God showed me how selfish and prideful I was. He reminded me that there were bigger things than me. He reminded me that there are people out there who are hurt and needs His love. Gosh, I thought to myself. How selfish and stupid am I? Why this bad attitude? Ya, that did suck and that other thing sucked. Ya, shucks that didn't work out. Ya, you're not perfect. but ya....God is good. God is faithful. In the midst of all the bad attitude and crap in our lives....he is good.


So I had a bad case of the Monday's today. It wasn't fun. I had a bad attitude. I also have a God who is good. Whenever you get a bad case of the Mondays, remind yourself of who you are....and then remind yourself how great God is.

No comments:

Post a Comment