Monday, November 8, 2010

Make the Business Look Casual


Thank you, KT’s mom, for coming this weekend to hang out with The Single Ladies. We love having you around. You always make sure we have a “real” dinner. The extra bonus is that you have so much wisdom and motherly love for all of us.

Thank you, Fred, for having a birthday last week. I got to enjoy the presence of your Madre, but I also had the opportunity to stuff my face out with cake. I also took advantage of the holiday and filled your birthday card with pun jokes. That was my favorite part.

Thank you, Zumba, for being an overly cheesy way for me to get my groove on. When people ask, I like to explain you as “over exaggerated Latin dance moves”.

Thank you, Mama Lima, for calling me to make sure that I’m alive. Your love and persistence on my well-being reminds me that there’s a bigger world out there other than grad school.

Thank you, reading list, for your patience. Eventually I will get to cross some things off on you, but bear with me for I am writing a thesis. It’s totally understandable that you are feeling a bit jealous and neglected. I would feel the same if someone chooses to spend time with thesis books over me.

Thank you, chilly weather, for hanging out with us last week. You gave me a chance to complain about the cold and ponder how I ever grew up in New England.

Thank you, future job, for hanging in there. Eventually I will find you and it….Will. Be. awesome.

Thank you, BFF, for your honesty. Without it, I would still be rattling off my mouth and we both know we need to spare the world from that.

Thank you, R, for the late chilly nights talking about the Beauty of Life and its Creator. I’m currently wearing the gray scarf my mom knitted for me and sipping my hot apple cider.

Thank you, leg warmers, for coming back from the 80’s. You make the business look casual. People are secretly jealous of me.
Thank you, Taylor, for providing such a great education. At the current moment, you are overtaking my life, but 8 months from now I will be shimmying and shaking my booty to the thankful beats in my heart.

Thank you, left over Halloween candy, for being everywhere. My cavities are thanking you and the extra two inches on my hips are calling you “Daddy”.

Thank you, Eternal Father, for creating me in your image. Even though I experience an identity crisis every day, I know that my identity lies in you…which is humbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment