Monday, November 1, 2010

Better Than Any Key Note Speaker

Thank you, International Service-Learning Conference, for being OFF THE CHAIN.
You brought people together who are committed to advancing the research for service-learning. When it all comes down to it, it’s all about the students and how to make this world a better place. With all the presentation, I felt like I was like a little child in a candy store.
PS-You are a major motivation for my thesis writing.

Thank you, Indy, for being such a fun and cute city.You were a breath of fresh of air for this Latina.

Thank you, cookie dough, for being my weakest link.
I always eat way too much of you and my tummy hurts.That never stops me.

Thank you, Javier, for always telling me “Es parte de la experiencia” throughout my study abroad experience. Sometimes when I get frustrated writing my thesis, your words come to my mind.

Thank you, Papa Lima, for instilling your interest of movies into me.You also quote Stand and Deliver like crazy, which combines nicely with Javier’s words.

Thank you, Sunday evening run, for reminding me how much I need to get back into the habit of running. I miss the runner’s high and the wonderful feeling of lacing up my Asics.

Thank you, Vivian, for taking the time to talk to me in the ladies room during the conference. It was so refreshing speaking in Spanish while you shared your story. You also let me tell you about my family’s story about how prayer and faith overcame alcoholism and abuse. I appreciate all the hard work you are doing keeping the ladies room clean. You are one of my heroes, because providing for your daughter’s education at Purdue University is why you refill toilet paper rolls at the Crowne Plaza. Talking with you was better than any key note speaker.I will never forget you.

Thank you, Babies, for being a movie that I've been waiting for.You will help me overcome my fear of childbirth by embracing the stories of different babies.
I can't wait to watch you


No comments:

Post a Comment