Sunday, March 14, 2010

random information

Throughout my day, I always think of the random things. I always wish I could write down everything I think. Maybe when I get rich I’ll hire a midget scribe that will write everything that I verbally process. In the meantime, I’ll just stick with carrying around a journal in my purse with a little stack of post-its. The problem with that is I don’t really take the time to stop whatever the heck I am doing and write down the current event or thought that is occurring. When I actually do have a moment or two, I usually forget the comment or funny joke I made. I guess that’s what happens to scattered brained people. I just jump from one though to another. No wonder why I fascinate people. They wonder how a brain can switch over mindset so quickly and disregard the previous thought. I also think that because I get bored easily that I can automatically change my mind like that. It must be frustrating to others but I think that I’m just doing fine.

Anyways, back to my main point, I have decided that I will actually take the time to sit down and write down what goes through my head sometimes. Again, I’m going to remember everything that passed through my head but I figured it wouldn’t hurt for me to write down a couple of things. Anyways, so here are some random thoughts that I think the world can benefit or observe:

1) It has always and will always bother me when people you have a conversation before completely ignored you the second time you see them. It’s like they completely forgot that you have existed before that second time. Then when you do make eye contact to hopefully pass a smile, they divert their eyes. That just makes my blood boil. Then the whole situation brings numerous questions to my mind: Did they just forget our previous conversation about communism? Was I too forward about asking them about their interests? Was I supposed to laugh at all their jokes? Did I talk to loud? Did I have coffee breathe? Did it bother them that I touched their arm? Did they forget my name? Were they drunk at the time? Or were they high? Did I sound dumb? Or are they dumb? Do they suffer from short-term memory loss? Was I boring? Was I too much fun?
The funny thing is this happens more than once, which makes me wonder if it’s me or just the world. Then again, the people who are actually taking time out of their lives to read this blog are thinking in their heads, “Poor Lima, she has no clue.” I just don’t understand how it could is be possible to completely ignore a person after sharing a conversation about how boring the meeting was. Or is this some common rule about society that I should know about but I seem to bypass that rule when I was birthed into this world? I just would like a smile back or a little acknowledgment that I still exist in the world.

2)There is one thing that I do miss about Texas. Other than relationships with friends and great Mexican food, I miss the beautiful sunsets that we are able to see about everyday. Here in Indiana, the constant theme of gray skies seems to be the popular item of the day. In my opinion, we are all a little over it. I never realized how much I do miss those Texan sunsets that produced warm little fuzzies in my belly.

3)I don’t understand why people make their beds. I personally think it’s a waste of time. Why are you making your bed if later on you are going to mess it all up again? The five minutes that you take to make your bed, you can do so many productive things in your life. At the same time, if it takes you longer than five minutes to make your bed, then you are spending way too much time on making pieces of cloth look pretty. In those five minutes you can: make coffee, read a news article, tweet, go to the bathroom, write a little journal entry, practice a guitar cord or two, make a sandwich, eat a cupcake, write an encouraging note, make a joke up, braid your hair, scratch someone’s back, give a hug, take a shower, tie your shoes, watch about four commercials, watch a youtube video, watch a music video, make a fortune teller, write a journal entry, and…you get my point.

I’ll do admit that I’m pretty lazy when it comes to little tasks that will take up some of my time. But let me explain something, I’d rather spend sometime with people that I care about then make my bed. Life is too short to spend on making a bed. Life is too short to not take advantage of the little moments that we can share with others and God. I know I probably I should learn on how to make my bed, in case my future husband doesn’t pick up on the habit.

4)I like to chew on ice. Whenever I grace myself with a fountain drink, I look forward to the end where I can chew on ice when a hint of flavor of the drink I just had. This is probably a habit that I will lose when I experience giving birth.

5)Whoever invented the concept of a sandwich is pure genius. Put a piece of meat in between two pieces of bread = awesome.

Ok, that’s good for now. I’ll hit yall later with some more amusing information about me.

2 comments:

  1. i just happened to stumble upon your blog on your facebook and find it very amuzing! lol. these 5 tips are genius! And i guess you don't enjoy the sunsets until you leave texas, because i don't even pay attention to them anymore. Hope everything is going well in indiana.

    Becca. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sweet comment. Indiana is not treating me too bad, especially when I get to travel and head back to Texas :)

    much love.

    ReplyDelete