Friday, July 30, 2010

"When I forget my name, remind me."

Marriage. Covenant keeping. Forgiveness. Grace. Mercy.

This past week I have watching John Piper's sermon series on marriage (Marriage, Christ, and Covenant: One Flesh for the Glory of God). Why?...the question should be: Why not? Even though I am single and probably won't get married for a couple of years, I still need to get a grasp on what the Bible says about marriage. My church and youth group did have messages about it, but I still needed something more. I lacked the connection between covenant keeping and marriage. How is it displayed for God's glory? What does it mean to be "naked and not ashamed"? What is a "bridegroom"?

I have so much to post and I'm only on the fourth sermon, but I have decided to hold off on posting. When the time is right.

In the meantime, I have become hooked on a song. Donald Miller did a review for Andrew Peterson's newest album, Counting Stars, on his blog. He also posted Andrew's music video for one of his songs off the album, Dancing In the Minefields....amazing. For me, this has been the theme song while I have been going through John Piper's series.

You just have to check it out for yourself.


"When I forget my name, remind me.

For we bear the light of the Son of Man...so there's nothing left to fear."

No comments:

Post a Comment