Friday, July 2, 2010

Remember How to do CPR

Yes, I am currently relocated back in the lovely state of Houston. After a bumpy ride and sitting next to the most rude and impatient woman, I arrived without a scratch. Also, the humidity and the rain were a nice welcome home gift. Oh, Texas you will always be humid and hot for me...thank you for reminding me how much I love air conditioners and how much I hate my hair. (Picture taken from here)


Also the World Cup will continue on despite the bumpy airplane rides and attitudes of grumpy old ladies. Let's just say that during the Uruguay and Ghana game, I had the time of my life yelling at the TV with my abuelitos (my real ones, not my Cuenca ones). I have the blessing of having my abuelitos here in Houston. They are a great and crazy. Even though they are half my height, they are the prime foundation of the family. During the Uruguay and Ghana game, I seriously thought they were going to break something. They were so intense. Throughout the whole game, I was trying my hardest to remember how to do CPR...just in case. (Picture taken from here)
I have to always continue to remind myself that I was actually in Ecuador. Looking through my pictures help but it's just crazy. Being in Houston and hanging out with my family helps, but it feels so surreal.
Thank you, Ecuador for being beautiful. Thank you, for your people and the love that they shared. Thank you, for the cool and funny stories I can share with others. Thank you, for your cool nights.
I shall return to you soon for you were so good to me. Keep it real.





No comments:

Post a Comment