Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Little Bit On the "Weird" Side

I have been back in the states for two full days. It's been an smooth but somewhat sad re-entry process for me. My students are all with family, which is great and perfect for their re-entry. I'm however in a weird limbo state. Being in Indiana, away from my family in Texas, had to force me to suck it up and reflect on my own. I purposely choose to go this route before I'm rejoined with my family. I knew, from past experiences, that I would be a little bit on the "weird" side after a trip like this.

This trip has helped me faced some hard stuff about growing up. I had to face some old skeleton's in the closet. I had to think fast on my feet. I had to get the courage to confront some things. I had to continue to learn how to be patient. There's was a lot of things...I had to learn to do.

I loved Ecuador. I had an overall amazing trip. I already miss the people, my host family, and the country. People have been asking me if I will be back...my response: "whatever God has planned".

So if I write one heck of a report to my boss, who knows what will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment