Friday, June 4, 2010

So...What Will You Do Today, Lima?

So...what did you do yesterday, Lima?
You know, enjoyed Ecuador.
Well, I also met my students down town at the Fruitilado to get some coffee and ice cream. I was judged by Taylor (aka: Bestie), one of my students, because I put a teaspoon of sugar in my double espresso.

She even sneered at my coffee.

But then we decided that we will still be Besties and not let the teaspoon of sugar separate us and our love for coffee. (I’m expecting Mary Poppins to jump out of a random fireplace singing a song about how a teaspoon of sugar helps the medicine goes down)


Then we decided to take a stroll around downtown. I sat with Laura, another one of my students, on a cool bench we found. While people watching and soaking in the scenery, we talked about mama boys, El Salvador, and our humble beginnings as wanna-be photographers.


This is the awesome scenery we were enjoying while sitting on the cool bench.


I wanted to take a cool picture of us on the cool bench but my first attempt was off, as you can see. Then my battery died. Sad day.


And then we tried cuy….cooked guinea pig.

Are you serious, Lima?

Heck yes, I am! Buuuuuut, since my camera battery died, I couldn’t document my experience. Bummer. Luckliy, Laura came to the rescue and brought her fancy camera. Yay. Here's the catch, I’m holding off on telling yall the memorable experience of the genuine pig until I receive those lovely pictures. You just have to see it to semi-experience it.

Here's a before shot. Aww, so cute :P


So...what will you do today, Lima? Oh, I don’t know. Maybe get some ice cream, coffee, eat some guinea pig…

....you know, enjoy Ecuador.

No comments:

Post a Comment