Monday, October 11, 2010

My Pizza Face Now Thanks You

Thank you, Spanish guitar, for being my cooking music yesterday.
You made me talk like Julia Child in Spanish with a lisp.
Thank you, fall, for being an awesome season.
You make taking pictures fun and the essence of cool.

Thank you, Attribution theory, for reminding that I must not judge and automatically assume things. We all are fallen people.

Thank you, Land of Up weather, for being indecisive these past couple of days. Although others are grumpy about the warm weather, it provides more of a window for me to gear up for the brutal winters.

Thank you, Jumping Bean, for always having yummy drip coffee right outside my office door. Sometimes when my day gets stressful, I like to sit on your couches and let the coffee aroma fill my nostrils.

Thank you, #58 sundae, for being so divine.
You provide my taste buds the beautiful combination of mint and chocolate. Also, my pizza face now thanks you for having massive amounts of chocolate.

Thank you, Sunday night volleyball, for being so intense last night.
Not only are my hamstrings rejoicing with pain right now, but my competitiveness just increased 50 notches.

Thank you, apartment mate, for getting polar pops last night.
Your little act of kindness gave my research group a bit of hope and energy to work into the wee hours of the morning.

Thank you, Thanksgiving break, for being a week long.
I’m using you as motivation to bulldoze my way through this semester. I can’t wait to stuff my face out with Mama Lima’s turkey and watch endless hours of football with the Papa Lima.

Thank you, Wavin’ Flag, for being in my head all weekend.
Not only do I think of the World Cup everytime, but I get a little teary eyed as I picture my students waving their flag with pride and dignity.

No comments:

Post a Comment