Saturday, September 18, 2010

Learn: Check Your Pockets


What did I learn today?


I’m just going to tell it straight and simple. I learned that you should, actually must, check your pants pockets before throwing them in the wash. Why? Because you may have some money, recite, a note, a phone number, coupon or….your cell phone. That’s right, folks. I put my cell phone through the wash. Luckily (I think), I got it out before the cycle finished. Yet when I pulled it out, the screen was flashing “Emergency Download” and flickering off and on. Comforting. I may have had a mental breakdown. Now my poor cell phone is in a bowl of rice, in hopes that the rice will help to dry it out.


We even prayed over the thing. My apartment mate even told me, “God is bigger than electronics”. She cracks me up.


It wasn’t the fact that I was expecting a text message and a phone call, but I do not have the money to buy a new phone. It’s funny how much we, North Americans, rely on our phone. This whole concept made me ponder on that concept for a bit. Anyways, please, Mr. Bowl-of-Rice, make my phone better so my daddy doesn’t lecture me on my carelessness with my electronics.


Bottom line: check your pockets before putting them in wash.


That’s what I learned today.

No comments:

Post a Comment